School Monthly Newsletter
(Download the full PDF here)
School Vision Statement: Through God’s Word St. Martin Lutheran School motivates students to live out their faith, equips them to enter any vocational calling, and reaches out to the greater Clintonville Community with the Gospel.
Calendar for may 14 - 21, 2017
Sun. 28- DS1C 8:00
Acolytes: 8:00 – Benjamin Behnke 10:30 – Kersten Zimmerman
Bible Class 9:15 am
Mon. 29- NO SCHOOL ~ MEMORIAL DAY
Clintonville Memorial Day Parade ~ 9:00 a.m. – Come and support our veterans
PARENTS: Check out Lost ‘n Found. Any items left on Monday, June 6 will be going to Pregnancy Thrift Shop or Goodwill. Also, clean out your child’s lockers when you come to church on Sunday if they have not.
Tues. 30- Faculty Meeting 7:30 am
Gr. 1&2 Class Trip ~ 8:00 – 2:30 ~ Remember sack lunch & drink
Gr. 5 Field Trip ~ 8:00-3:00 ~ Remember sack lunch & drink
Wed. 31- Faculty Meeting 7:30 am
Gr. 7&8 Incentive Trip ~ SHARP 5:20 am -10:10 pm
Gr. 1 Circus, 9:00 am
Kindergarten Field Trip ~ 9:45–3:00~Remember sack lunch & drink (no peanuts)
DS3C Church service Acolyte: Evan Hansen
Thurs. June 1- LAST DAY OF SCHOOL
HANSEN/OLSON GRANT FORMS DUE IN SCHOOL OFFICE TODAY!!
Faculty Meeting 7:30 am
Chapel/Awards 8:30 am
WATCH FOR AWARDS COMING HOME WITH YOUR CHILD TODAY.
Early Release, 1:15 pm
Ladies Aid 2:00 pm
Sun. 4- GRADUATION
ACOLYTES: 8:00 – Kaylee Schroeder 10:30- Emily Krause
SPP w/8th Grade Graduation 8:00
8th Graders, meet in music room by 7:45 am
Gr. 8 Reception 9:10-10:20
Bible Class 9:15
DS3C w/High School Graduation 10:30
Seniors, meet in music room at 9:45 am.
June 2-9: TEACHERS ARE IN MEETINGS ALL DAY ~ PLEASE DO NOT DISTURB
Mon. June 12 - SUMMER HOURS BEGIN ~ 8:00 a.m. to Noon; Scrip Hours 10-Noon
Calendar for Summer:
June 1, 2017: SSG Warren S. Hansen/Arlo Olson Memorial Fund Grant Form is due and needs to be returned to the school office. No later than Thursday, June 1.
June 4, 2017: 8th Grade Graduation during the 8:00 a.m. church service
June 4, 2017 8th Grade Graduation Celebration in Fellowship Hall, 9:10-10:30
June 4, 2017: Senior High School Recognition during 10:30 am church service
June 13, 2017: Report cards will be mailed out
June 15, 2017: Due Date for Financial Aid Applications from St. Martin Lutheran School/Church
August 1, 2017: Registration for 2017-2018 school year from 11:00 am to 6:00 p.m.
September 5, 2017: Start date of School ~ 8:00 am
Lunch/Milk Bills: St. Martin would like all milk and lunch bills paid in full by June 1, 2017. Please send a check or cash to cover any past due and anticipated milk and lunch purchases by the last day. Let me know if you have any questions.
Monday No School – Memorial Day
Tuesday Cheese pizza, garden bar, whole kernel corn, sliced pears, brownie, choice of milk
Wednesday Cheeseburger w/bun, garden bar, tator tots, sliced peaches, pickle slices, choice of milk
Thursday Last day of School ~ Beef Hot dog on a wheat bun, carrot sticks, chips, apple slices, ice cream cup, choice of milk
ATTENTION PARENTS: Please pick up your child’s medicine on the last day of school or by Wednesday, June 7th. We cannot send it home with your child.
ATTENTION PARENTS: Please come to the office and check out our Lost & Found box. We have many items. Any items left after school is out will be donated to Goodwill or the Pregnancy Center Thrift store in Clintonville.
A SPECIAL THANK YOU to all parents that volunteered throughout the school year. We could not do it without you.
- Box Tops for Education ~ THANK YOU to Beth Brendemuehl for clipping, counting and mailing them out.
- Econofoods Receipts ~ THANK YOU to Molly Wedde for adding and clipping receipts together.
- Our Family ~ THANK YOU to MOMS Group for clipping and bagging the UPC symbols.
WIAA PHYSICALS -- Just a reminder to all students entering into Grade 5-8, you need to get a physical to participate in any sports and must be done before the first day of practice. You will not be able to participate until the physical form (WIAA buffer card) or alternate card (available at mandatory meetings) and fee is in.
- We are going to run the Scrip program – June 1 to May 31. We will be closing out the Scrip program on May 31st for this next year’s school year credit (2016-2017). We will try to get you a statement with our summer letter that will be going out around July 18.
- Scrip earnings may be applied to your child’s or grandchild’s tuition. The amount earned for this school year will reduce the amount of tuition you need to pay for the next school year. Deadline for Scrip earnings this year is May 31, 2017. After the deadline, keep using Scrip. It will help you next year. The highest amount earned to reduce tuition by a family last year was $1100. This is an easy way to reduce the tuition you owe.
- If you have any questions about Scrip, please contact Scrip coordinator, Teresa Wolf 920-410-1798 or email email@example.com.
GR. 6-8 for 2017-2018 SCHOOL YEAR ~ SERMON SUMMARIES: they will start Sunday, Sept. 10 and end May 20, 2018.
8th Grade Students and Parents: See below for some important dates and times:
- June 4, Graduation at the 8:00 service in church; 8th grade students will sing during this service
- June 4, Graduation Celebration and Reception, 9:10-10:120 in the Fellowship Hall; parents, grandparents, and congregation invited. Refreshments may be served. Graduates and friends will listen to:
- Class Wills and Histories will be shared
- View photos of graduates from various grade levels, field trips, sporting events, and more.
- Refreshments and special t-shirt signings.
- May 26, Rotary Breakfast starting at 8:15 in the Commons area at Clintonville High School. St. Martin, St. Rose, and Middle School 8th grade students are invited to attend. Please dress nicely.
DAY AT NOAH'S ARK
Ready, set, cannon ball! Are you ready for a day of family fun at the water park? St. Martin will be sponsoring a bus and selling discounted tickets to the annual North Wisconsin District Day at Noah’s Ark on June 26, 2017! For a whole day, you get access to America’s largest water park, a buffet meal, and a chance to win great prizes! Cost is $35 per person and includes bus ride to/from the park. Bus will be leaving at 7:45 AM and return approximately 8:30 PM. We are looking for parents who would be willing to chaperon. Registration deadline is Noon Friday June 16. More information and sign up forms can be found on youth bulletin board and outside office. Children ages 10 and under must be accompanied by a parent or adult guardian. Full payment must accompany registration form. Drop off in office or office mailbox.
Student Council will be collecting shoes for Soles for Jesus. These shoes will find themselves traveling to different countries in Africa. This is an ongoing project but we would like to send a shipment to Milwaukee this summer. If you have any shoes--all sizes--you would like to donate please put them in the box outside of the office. Thank you
PTL Elections: Congratulations to our new officers. Thank you for your willingness to serve. You will be contacted soon regarding the first meeting. It will be a planning meeting to get ready of next school year.
2017-2018 PTL OFFICERS
President ~ Tammy Higgins
Vice-President ~ Amy Kersten
Secretary ~ Chris Froh
Treasurer ~ Teresa Wolf
Publicity ~ Kristy Yaeger
Booster Coordinator ~ Melissa Laack
VOLUNTEER APPRECIATION DAY is coming on Sunday June 18 following the 8:00 and 10:30 services. We have many people working quietly behind the scenes at St, Martin, both in the church and the school. We couldn’t possibly count all of the things volunteers do for us every day but we can point out a few:
stuffing bulletins recording Pew Sheets visiting shut-ins
preparing communion changing altar linens decorating the church
caring for the yard & planting flowers maintaining the cemetery
painting & repairing driving students Singing in the choir
playing piano or other instruments preparing the Community Meal
serving at funerals ushers & greeters board members
coaching sports mentoring students Power Point screens
making quilts & sleep mats tallying receipts selling & using scrip
collecting & counting Campbell’s UPCs sorting labels & milk caps
counting money sharpening pencils cleaning
Sunday school staff & helpers Vacation Bible School staff & helpers
prepping newsletters coordinating our website leading Bible studies
Brat Fries and Fish dinners kids’ parties at school
Please join us for this opportunity to say “THANK YOU”. Stop for a treat & something to drink, and take a few moments to visit. Sponsored by the Board of Parish Education
SUMMER SCRIP NEWS ~We are very happy to announce that someone will be in the office to sell Scrip from 10 AM to Noon each day during the summer months. Scrip will also be available on Wednesday nights before Church and on Sundays between church services. Place an order on line through Shop with Scrip and we will fill it for you. You can also use Scripnow! and print off from your home computer or Scripwallet where your card will be available on your phone. Thanks for using Scrip! Questions please contact Teresa Wolf 920-410-1798 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The office will be closed July 1-8, 2017. The janitor will be cleaning the office and waxing the floors around the office.
THANKS TO ALL THE TEACHERS, SECRETARIES, COOKS AND CUSTODIAL STAFF for making this another great school year.
Fees and Books: If you or your child has library books, fines, late fees or other materials which need to be turned in, your child report card will be put on hold until fees paid or materials returned. Let Principal Moran know if you have any questions.
HAVE A GREAT SUMMER!
TRADEBOOKS USED AT ST. MARTIN LUTHERAN SCHOOL
Students, please do not read these books for they are used as curriculum in Gr. 2 - 8. Thank-you!
Grade 2 Books ~
Mouse & the Motorcycle
Tales of a 4th Grade Nothing
Charlie & the Chocolate Factory
Mr. Popper’s Penguins
The Chocolate Touch
Grade 3 Books ~
Freckle Juice by Judy Blume
How to Eat Fried Worms by Thomas Rockwell
Miss Daisy is Crazy! by Dan Gutman
Pippi Longstocking by Astrid Lindgren
The Chocolate Touch by Patrick Skene Catling
The Littles by John Peterson
Ralph S. Mouse by Beverly Cleary
Superfudge by Judy Blume
Daisy Dawson and the Big Freeze by Steve Voake
The Trumpet of the Swan by E.B. White
Grade 4 Books ~
Loser - Jerry Spinelli
The Best Christmas Pageant Ever - Robinson AR 5.1
The Indian in the Cupboard - Lynne Reid Banks
The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe – C.S. Lewis
The Whipping Boy AR 3.9
Sarah, Plain and Tall – Patricia Machachlan
Sounder – William H. Armstrong
James and the Giant Peach
Thanksgiving on Thursday- Magic Tree house
The Hundred Penny Box
Grade 5 Books ~
Freak the Mighty – Rodman Philbrick
Hatchet - Paulsen
In the Year of the Boar and Jackie Robinson – Lord
Jeremy Thatcher, Dragon Hatcher – Coville
The Sign of the Beaver - Speare
My Side of the Mountain – George
Steal Away Home – Ruby
Trouble River – Byars
Tuck Everlasting – Babbitt
Grade 6 Books ~
Emily’s Runaway Imagination – Cleary
Esperanza Rising – Ryan
A Journey to the New World: The Diary of Remember Patience Whipple - Lasky
Kensuke’s Kingdom - Morpurgo
From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E . . .- Konigsburg
Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry – Taylor
Running Out of Time – Haddix
Touching Spirit Bear – Mikaelsen
The Watsons Go to Birmingham - Curtiss
A Wrinkle in Time – L’Engle
Rascal by Sterling North
Grade 7 Books ~
Amos Fortune - Elizabeth Yates
Black Beauty -Anna Sewell
The Bronze Bow - Elizabeth Speare
The Cay - Theodore Taylor
Crispin and the Cross of Lead – Avi
Down the Yukon – Will Hobbs
Greek Gods - Evslin, Evslin, and Hoppes
Hangman’s Curse – Frank Peretti
Island of the Blue Dolphins - Scott O’Dell
Jason’s Gold – Will Hobbs
The Life and Words of Martin Luther King, Jr. – Ira Peck
Martin Luther – Ward
Mongo, the Third Warthog – Donna Jo Napoli
Number the Stars - Lois Lowry
Pigman - Paul Zindel
What Child Is This by Caroline Cooney
Where the Red Fern Grows - Wilson Rawls
The Witch of Blackbird Pond - Elizabeth George Speare
Tangerine – Edward Bloor
Through my Eyes – Ruby Bridges
Travel Team by Mike Lupica
Summer Ball by Mike Lupica
Grade 8 Books ~
The Adventures of Tom Sawyer - Mark Twain
Chasing Vermeer – Blue Balliet
Out of the Dust – Karen Hesse
Redwall – Brian Jacaques
Treasure Island - Robert Louis Stevenson
White Fang - Jack London
The Yearling - Marjorie Rawlings
The True Confessions of Charolette Doyle- Avi
The Westing Game- Ellen Raskin
Homeless Bird- Gloria Whelan
Revised May, 2015
ST. MARTIN LUTHERAN SCHOOL
2017-2018 REGISTRATION AND TUITION FEES
- There will be a new cost per child next year based on School Choice calculations.
- Administrative Fee for families on monthly payment plan: $25.00
- If you chose to be on a monthly payment plan, a $10.00 fee will be assessed on late payments.
Members of St. Martin Lutheran Church Book & Registration Fees
Community Residents Tuition & Book Fees
- A discount of 5% will be deducted if fees are paid in full before the first day of school.
- Fees include room mother fees (parties, presents for teachers), year book,
assignment books (Grs. 4-8).
2017-2018 Preschool Fees
Total Amount Due before School starts
Preschool program (3-4 year olds)
- A discount of 5% will be deducted if fees are paid in full before the first day of preschool.
- If your child is fulltime in the Early Childhood Learning Center, then preschool and 4K fees are waived. Any questions, then contact Mark Moran, Principal at 715-823-6538 ext. 2113 or Andrea Schneider, Early Childhood Learning Center Director at 715-823-2424.
- Preschool program runs from 8:00-10:00 a.m. or 10:15 a.m.-12:15 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays. (must be potty trained and 3 on or before Sept. 1)
- 4K program runs from 8:00 - 11:00 a.m. or 12:00 - 3:00 p.m. on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. (Must be 4 on or before Sept. 1)